PCT TOMORROW!

Tonight, I looked up. I've noticed myself looking upwards these days. Appreciating what's above. We spend so much time looking down; at the ground, where we are stepping, on our phones, on our computers, reading, writing (see, not all terrible examples)! But today I walked downtown Seattle city and just looked up. When I came home to my co-hikers place, I went to the bathroom and looked up...

MAKE IT HAPPEN
'Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it - but sail we must, and not drift, nor lie at anchor.' - Oliver Wendell Holmes



Hi, Universe! Here you are again. I needed that. I'd be an absolute liar to sit here and type that I'm feeling incredibly fine about starting my PCT SOBO solo thru-hike tomorrow... it's actually so much more complicated than that. I'm overwhelmed. I'm anxious. I'm worried. I'm conflicted. And I'm probably the stupidest human alive to be doing this. But I am human, and nothing ever happened to anyone who just sat around doing nothing. So, brave I shall be. Well, try anyways! 

I have boxes 1-12 & 14 out of a totally of 22 boxes packed and ready to send. I'll send any everyday clothing and accessories to my little brother. Major postal trip tomorrow morning! 

I leave Seattle around 10am arriving at Harts Pass around 3.30ish. From Harts Pass campground, I'll start heading north towards the border. Sunset is incredibly late in the cascades at the moment, so we will probably push on till a little later to settle for camp, try and make up for the missed morning miles. 

I activated my Garmin InReach explorer gps device too. It will track where I am very 30-60 minutes. It's also inbuilt with search and rescue and can contact people (very slowly via GPS satellite). It comes with an SOS button and the ability to plot my walk and map it as I go.

If you would like to follow my hike, head over to this link: 
It will plot it for the above map. 

Well here goes. Some sleep and a clear mind. I'll leave you with some more universe. On my final visit to REI today, this greeted me at the door. 

Yes, it is. And if that's not my preference out on the trail, then I just have deal with it - there's no hotels or service apartments out there! 

Anyway, I'm signing off for a little. Internet is rough in the the first stages throughout Washington, so I'll make do with what I've got. 

Thanking everyone for their kindness and generosity, and I can't thank you enough for joining in on the journey with me! Keep looking up and continue to trust.

- Gx 






Comments

  1. Yes the Universe is with you, so here goes, your journey begins!!! Enjoy and relish in the independence, solitude, the wonders and challenges of the trail. Will be following and sending you healthy positive vibes every step of the way. Get well, Take each day as it comes, rest when you need to and stay safe. Much love, L xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. friv jogos
    friv Games for kids online
    a10 games online


    Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Gratitude Cafe Part 11 - the final chapter

The Gratitude Cafe Part 10

I walk on water