Up, up, up.

It's come to a time in my life where I am setting out to find myself; find what makes me happy. Call it saturn's return, or whatever you like, but we can all get sucked in to the environments and people around us, and find ourselves stuck with what's next. I've been so dependent on others in the last 6 years of my life, that it's time to take care of myself, first and foremost. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.

I have nothing to complain about with my career - I am most grateful. However, considering I have this time before I start my next tour, I am setting myself 'me' projects. I will write more songs, I will travel more, explore my surroundings more, open my eyes more and be me. I'm not searching for anything in particular, but that's the best way to be.

A little about me: I'm not the most social person - don't get me wrong, I can be social, but there's nothing I enjoy more than sitting at home, playing the piano, guitar, ukelele, singing songs, writing songs, listening to music, watching reruns of 'The Nanny' (takes you back!) - I enjoy my time. I like walking - putting on the headphones and setting out on foot. I'm a 'do it' kind of gal. I enable; not just myself, but others also. I'm trying to stop enabling so much. I like to help, but sometimes we don't receive it in return and it can drown you at times. I don't drink alcohol, smoke or do drugs - doesn't mean I can't have fun! I am a vegetarian and don't preach it to others. It was my choice and it's not for everyone. I love a moment with Ashtanga Yoga and Reformer Pilates. Mind, body and soul, right? I have a beautiful, small, circle of friends - and they are some of the best human beings on earth. I choose wisely. ;) My family are a huge part of my life and I spend a lot of time with them - especially my siblings - there's a few! I stand by the lyrics in Baz Lurhmann's 'Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen):

Be nice to your siblings, they're the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

And it's true - they've stuck with me.

So as this chapter starts, I'm taking a step back, looking at the bigger picture, taking in a breath and finding me. Who knows? Maybe I'll find my true smile. Let's see.

Gx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gratitude Cafe Part 11 - the final chapter

The Gratitude Cafe Part 10

I walk on water